(Redirected from Confund)
Mentions of this spell in the series include:
- Severus Snape suggests that the Trio is Confunded after they voice their belief on Sirius Black's innocence (PA21).
- Barty Crouch, Jr. Confunds the Goblet of Fire so that it will select four Triwizard champions instead of the regular three (GF35). While Polyjuiced as Alastor Moody, he mentions his suspicions that a powerful Confundus Charm was cast on the object (GF17).
- Hermione casts the Confundus Charm on Cormac McLaggen during Keeper tryouts for the Gryffindor Quidditch team in 1996. This causes Cormac to fly in the opposite direction and prevents him from getting a position in the team (HBP11).
- Severus Snape tells Lord Voldemort that it was likely Dawlish was under the Confundus Charm, and that the Auror had been known to be susceptible to it (DH1).
- Severus Snape Confunds Mundungus Fletcher so that Dung will suggest to the Order of the Phoenix the use of six Polyjuiced clones of Harry Potter in order to transport him safely out of number four, Privet Drive (DH33).
- Harry Confunds Marius and another Gringotts guard stationed at the entrance of the bank. This convinces the guards that they have already examined Bellatrix Lestrange—who is in fact a Polyjuiced Hermione—with Probity Probes (DH26).
- Ron Weasley Confunds the examiner so that he can pass his Muggle driving test (DHE).