The Blacks (also known as The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black) are one of the oldest and most pure families in the wizarding world.
With the death of the most familiar of their descendants and remaining heir, Sirius, they have died out. The Blacks only survive in their ties to other Pure-blood families and in their tales of cruelty.
Their family motto, Toujours Pur, means Forever Pure.
- Sirius Black (1845) (1845-1853)
- Phineas Nigellus Black (1847-1925), Hogwarts headmaster. Married Ursula Flint. Father of Sirius, Phineas, Cygnus, Belvina and Arcturus.
- Elladora Black (1850-1931)
- Isla Black (?-?). Was burned off the family tree for marrying Muggle or Muggle-born wizard Bob Hitchens.
- Sirius Black (1877) (1877-1952). Married Hesper Gamp. Father of Arcturus, Lycoris and Regulus.
- Phineas Black (burnt) (?-?). Was burned off the family tree for supporting Muggle rights.
- Cygnus Black (1889) (1889-1943). Married Violetta Bulstrode. Father of Pollux, Cassiopeia, Marius and Dorea.
- Belvina Black(1886-1962). Married Herbert Burke and had two sons and one daughter.
- Arcturus Black (1884) (1884-1959). Married Lysandra Yaxley. Father of Callidora, Cedrella and Charis.
- Arcturus Black (1901-1991). Married Melania McMillan. Father of Lucretia and Orion.
- Lycoris Black (1904-1965)
- Regulus Black (1906) (1906-1959)
- Pollux Black (1912-1990). Married Irma Crabbe. Father of Walburga, Alphard and Cygnus.
- Cassiopeia Black (1915-1992)
- Marius Black (?-?). Was burned off the family tree for being a Squib.
- Dorea Black (1920-1977). Married Charlus Potter. Had one son (probably James Potter).
- Callidora Black (1915-). Married Harfang Longbottom and had one son (probably Frank Longbottom's father).
- Cedrella Black (?-?). Was burned off the family tree for marrying Septimus Weasley.
- Charis Black (1919-1973). Married Caspar Crouch and had one son and two daughters.
- Lucretia Black (1925-1992). Married Ignatius Prewett.
- Orion Black (1929-1979). Married his cousin Walburga and had two sons with her, Sirius and Regulus. Lived in the Black family home at number twelve, Grimmauld Place.
- Walburga Black (1925-1985). Married her cousin Orion. After her death hung Walburga stayed in Grimmauld Place as a portrait and was outraged when the Order of the Phoenix made their headquarters there.
- Alphard Black (?-?). Was burned off the family tree for giving gold to Sirius, his "runaway nephew".
- Cygnus Black (1929-1979). Married to Druella Rosier and father of Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa.
- Sirius Black (1959 or 1960-1996). First Black ever to be put in Gryffindor. Ran away from home at age 16 and was consequently burned off the family tree. Best friend of James Potter and the other Marauders and later godfather of Harry. Was accused of the Potters' murder and spent twelve years in Azkaban.
- Regulus Black (1961-1979). Regulus was a Death Eater who turned against Lord Voldemort. Regulus sacrificed his life to steal Slytherin's locket from the Cave.
- Bellatrix Black (1951- 1998). Married to Rodolphus Lestrange. Bellatrix is a known Death Eater, and refers to herself as Voldemort's most devoted follower. Killed her cousin Sirius in the fight at the Department of Mysteries.
- Andromeda Black(?-). Was burned off the family tree for marrying the Muggle-born Ted Tonks. Mother of Nymphadora Tonks.
- Narcissa Black (1955-). Married to Lucius Malfoy and mother of Draco.
Articles in category "Black Family"
There are 37 articles in this category.