- June 30
- First days of Harry's holidays
- Charity Burbage resigns from Hogwarts; her resignation is reported by the Daily Prophet in the same edition as an obituary for Dumbledore written by Elphias Doge (DH2).
- Kingsley Shacklebolt and Arthur Weasley visit number four, Privet Drive, and explain to the Dursleys that they have to leave the house by the end of the month (DH3).
- The week preceding that of July 27
- The week of July 27
- Remus and Nymphadora get married.
- Yaxley places Pius Thicknesse under the Imperius Curse.
- Voldemort and his Death Eaters meet in the Malfoy Manor. Snape reports that Harry Potter will be moved out of number four, Privet Drive the following Saturday. The Dark Lord murders Charity Burbage and feeds her to Nagini (DH1).
- July 27 (Saturday)
- Harry packs his trunk to leave his uncle's house. He sees an interview with Rita Skeeter about her upcoming book The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore on that day's edition of the Prophet (DH2).
- Hestia Jones and Dedalus Diggle transport the Dursleys to safety; Dudley tells his cousin that he doesn't think Harry is a waste of space (DH3).
- Several members of the Order go to Privet Drive to take Harry to the Burrow. Six of them take Polyjuice Potion in order to impersonate Harry.
- The Battle of the Seven Potters occurs when Death Eaters ambush the travellers. Hedwig and Moody are murdered. Mundungus Disapparates in mid-battle. Snape attempts to save Remus' life from a fellow Death Eater and accidentally hits George with Sectumsempra, severing the twin's ear (DH33). Harry's wand attacks Voldemort of its own accord.
- Harry and Hagrid reach Andromeda and Ted Tonks' house, and take a Portkey to the Burrow (DH4). Remus suspects that one of the Order members has betrayed their plans to the Death Eaters; Harry refutes the possibility. Remus and Bill leave the Burrow to try to recover Moody's corpse, with no success (DH5).
- July 28
- Molly interrogates Harry about the Trio's travelling plans.
- The week after July 27
- Rita Skeeter's The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore is published (DH2).
- July 29
- July 30
- July 31
- Harry's seventeenth birthday; he can now legally do magic outside Hogwarts.
- During the night, Harry has a dream in which he sees Voldemort looking for Gregorovitch.
- Ginny kisses Harry as a birthday present; they are interrupted by Ron.
- Molly prepares a big party at the Burrow, attended by Hagrid, Remus, Tonks and the Weasleys.
- The thirty-one-day deadline allowed by the Decree for Justifiable Confiscation expires. Rufus Scrimgeour goes to the Burrow and gives Ron, Hermione and Harry the objects Dumbledore left to them in his will: the Deluminator, a copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard and a Snitch, respectively. Scrimgeour refuses to let Harry have Godric Gryffindor's sword, which was also one of Dumbledore's bequests.
- Mrs. Weasley gives Harry a gold watch that once belonged to Fabian Prewett; Hagrid, a Mokeskin purse. Ron, Hermione and others also give him presents.
- The Trio attempts to make sense out of Dumbledore's bequests. Harry sees the message "I open at the close" on the Snitch (DH7).
- August 1
- August 2
- August 3
- August 4
- August 5
- August 22
- September 1
- September 2
- December 17
- Harry and Hermione discuss going to Godric's Hollow
- December 20
- Luna is captured by Death Eaters while on her way home for the holidays aboard the Hogwarts Express
- December 24
- Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow, visiting James and Lily's graves and house
- The two also visit Bathilda Bagshot, who turns out to be a disguise for Nagini and attacks; Harry barely escapes Voldemort with Hermione's aid, but his wand breaks in the confusion
- December 25
- December 26
- Hermione takes Harry to the Forest of Dean
- On watch, Harry sees a silvery doe and follows it to discover Gryffindor's sword in a frozen lake; when he tries to get it, Ron appears, saves his life, and uses the sword to destroy the locket Horcrux
- Hermione attacks Ron but Harry calms her down
- December 27
- Ron explains the jinx on people who speak Voldemort's name
- Ron and Hermione convince Harry to try visiting Mr. Lovegood
- December 28
- Trio visits Mr. Lovegood
- Mr. Lovegood tells the story of the Deathly Hallows, then tries to sell Harry to the Ministry, and the trio escapes
- Harry thinks he figures out the mystery of the Hallows